A Complete Guide to Cabins in Yosemite
Cabins are the ultimate lodging option for couples, families, and groups staying within Yosemite National Park. Cabin rentals offer private kitchens, private bathrooms, ample parking, satellite or Roku televisions, and Wi-Fi. Most cabins within Yosemite are spacious and sleep eight to twelve visitors. Many properties also have outdoor fire pits and BBQ grills for those interested in experiencing more traditional camping amenities. Pet-friendly cabin rentals are available for travelers with four-legged friends.
With a wide variety of cabins available, it’s easy to choose the perfect cabin to match your traveling style. We’ve highlighted the top cabins for rental based on getaway type and travel interests!
You can learn more about all of the cabins for rental in Yosemite park here (link to SW).
Types of Cabin Rentals by Interest
Yosemite Cabins for Boaters, Fishers, & Water-Lovers
Boaters, Fishers, and Water-Sport Lovers are encouraged to find lodging a short distance from Bass Lake, the “hidden jewel” of the Sierra National Forest. Bass Lake is the hub of all things water activities in Yosemite National Park. It is widely recognized as a family-friendly area and is conveniently located only 15 minutes from Yosemite’s South Gate.
- La Cabana
- La Cabana is a creek-front property with stunning sights and sounds. This cabin provides the ultimate relaxation experience as vacationers can fall asleep listening to the sounds of the soothing waterfall. This home comfortably sleeps groups of six, with two bedrooms and two full baths. Visitors love the fully-equipped kitchen, expansive outdoor deck, Wi-Fi access, and air conditioning.
- Fishermen’s Oasis
- Fishermen’s Oasis is only a short four-mile drive to the gorgeous Bass Lake boating area, and a brisk walk to picturesque Lewis Creek. Suitable for up to 8 visitors, this cabin has three bedrooms and two full baths. The home is outfitted with an Xbox 360 and over 100 Xbox games for travelers with teens or video game lovers. Fishing poles, bait, and tackle are provided. Added bonus: you can cook your fresh catch over the outdoor wood burning fireplace for dinner!
Cabins in Yosemite for Hikers & Rock-Climbers
The Wawona and Mariposa Grove areas of Yosemite are wonderful spots for adventure seekers – especially hikers and rock-climbers. Hikes range from easy 30-45 minute hikes to strenuous 6 hour hikes for advanced travelers. As for climbing, Tolumne Meadows, Half Dome, and El Capitan are some of the most popular rock-climbing destinations in the United States. Hiking and rock-climbing spots are easily accessible from cabins located in Yosemite West.
- Yosemite Crossroads
- Yosemite Crossroads is a spacious three-level mountain cabin with 3 bedrooms and two full bathrooms. It comfortably sleeps eight guests, has an enormous flat-screen TV, features a wood burning stove fireplace in the living room, and offers a gourmet kitchen perfect for cooking family meals. Located in the heart of Yosemite West, Yosemite Crossroads is the perfect home base for relaxing and entertaining after a day of adventuring.
- Strawberry Creek
- Strawberry Creek is a multi-level cabin with 3 bedrooms and two bathrooms. The living room features overstuffed leather sofas, an open beam cedar ceiling, and sunny south facing wood windows. Kick back and enjoy Wi-Fi access, a propane fireplace, central air condition & heating, and Satellite TV after a day of hiking the trails. This cabin is located in Yosemite West and is only a short drive from popular hiking and climbing destinations within the park.
Top Cabins in the park for Skiers & Winter Sport-Lovers
The Badger Pass Ski Slopes are known internationally for their stunning views of the Sierra Nevada Mountains, picturesque powder, and skiing opportunities for both beginner and advanced athletes. Established in 1935, Badger Pass is home to California’s oldest operating ski area. Staying in a cabin close to the action helps avoid waiting in long lines to enter the slopes. Fans of skiing, snow tubing, snow shoeing, and ice skating are recommended to rent cabins in Yosemite West, just minutes from the Badger Pass ski area.
- Alder Lodge
- Alder Lodge is a 3 bedroom, 3 bath cabin located centrally inside Yosemite West. Just 15 minutes from the Badger Pass Ski Area, this cabin is the perfect rental for families of up to eight looking for a cozy spot to lodge after a long day on the slopes. Alder Lodge offers a spacious outdoor deck, jacuzzi hot tub, laundry facilities, gas grill, and TV with DVD player.
- Quail Crossing Lodge
- Quail Crossing Lodge is a 3 bedroom, 3 bath cabin located just 15 minutes from the Badger Pass Ski Area. This cabin features a large open kitchen, expansive dining area, widescreen TV, and a wood burning stove. It is one level, offering easy access to those of all ages and ability levels. Bonus: this cabin comes pre-equipped with hot chocolate for snuggling up after a day in the snow!
Cabins with the Best Natural Views of Yosemite Park
Kick back and relax during your stay in Yosemite in one of these stunning cabins that offer unparalleled views of Yosemite National Park’s natural beauty.
- Aerial Ascent Yosemite
- For visitors searching for a rental with jaw-dropping views – consider this 3 bed, 2 bath cabin a dream come true! Aerial Ascent Yosemite is a magnificent home located in Yosemite West. Stacked with a brand-new kitchen, central heat and air conditioning, Wi-Fi, Satellite TV, and arcade games, this home offers unrivaled views and amenities. Aerial Ascent conveniently sits only a few minutes from Yosemite Valley, Badger Pass, and the Sequoia Grove.
- A Blue Sky Lodge
- A Blue Sky Lodge is an elegant cabin located in Yosemite West. 3 spacious bedrooms and 2.5 baths provide a comfortable place to relax while enjoying the nearly 360 (degree) views of the park. Enormous windows offering truly spectacular views can be found in each room of the home. Visitors can enjoy a film in the TV, relaxing by the fire, or cooking in the fully equipped kitchen during their stay.
Yosemite Cabins for Rental by Getaway Type
Cabins for Budget-friendly Getaways
Vacationing on a budget shouldn’t mean giving up quality or comfort. It’s easy to find high-quality, affordable cabin rentals in Yosemite National Park. These cabins offer private bedrooms and bathrooms, propane BBQs, and Wi-Fi without breaking the bank.
- This cabin is a pet-friendly 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom home with air conditioning and Wi-Fi. No additional cleaning fees are applied to the rental rate, keeping pricing as transparent as possible. Guests rave about the luxurious memory foam beds, fully equipped kitchen, and wood-burning fireplace.
- Anglers Rest
- Angler’s Rest is an affordable family-friendly cabin offering outdoor games, fast Wi-Fi, air conditioning, an Xbox 360, and all the fishing supplies necessary for a picturesque family trip. No additional cleaning fees are applied to the rental price. Guests rave about the cozy bedrooms, leather couch, and fully stocked kitchen.
Cabin Options for the Romantic Couples Retreats
Yosemite never disappoints for a romantic getaway. Enjoy a home cooked meal around the cabin’s fireplace, an evening camping trip, an intimate hike, or a private horseback riding lesson in town with the one you love. These cabins offer cozy, romantic, and intimate accommodations for a picturesque weekend together.
- (A210) Loft Condo
- This rustic condo offers all the amenities of a cabin in a cozy loft setting. Loft Condo A210 is two-level, features a fully equipped kitchenette with stove, and has a private outdoor deck with barbeque. Guests love the opportunity to disconnect from technology and reconnect with their loved ones by the crackling fire.
- Chinquapin Retreat
- This cabin is a 1 bed, 1 bath stay perfect for a romantic getaway. Chinquapin Retreat offers Wi-Fi access for browsing, a propane BBQ, and a TV with DVD player. A modern, fully-stocked kitchen provides ample opportunity for a decadent dinner for two at home.
Cabin Options for Mid Sized Groups
Large groups are more than welcome in Yosemite National Park! Yosemite’s vast array of outdoor activities are sure to appeal to all members of the group. Family and friends can gather in these cabins that comfortably sleep groups of 10-14.
- Glacier Peak Lodge: https://www.scenicwonders.com/yosemite-rentals/glacier-peak-lodge&adults=10
- Glacier Peak Lodge is a private, luxury duplex cabin with breathtaking views of Yosemite. It boats an enormous 1,100 square feet of deck space that is perfect for family gatherings with spectacular views. With 5 bedrooms and 3 baths, this spacious cabin comfortably sleeps 13. Guests love storytelling with friends by the fire and cooking on the propane barbeque.
- Four Seasons: https://www.scenicwonders.com/yosemite-rentals/four-seasons&adults=10
- This cabin is the ultimate fun-house for any family or group trip to Yosemite. Four Seasons offers a pool table, hot tub, sauna, air hockey table, bar, card table, multiple TVs, arcade table, and gas grill for entertaining. The dining table comfortably seats ten, and the cabin has 3 bedrooms and 4 full baths.
Cabins for Groups of 15 or More
Gather a large group of friends or host this year’s family reunion at Yosemite! These rentals comfortably sleep groups of 15 or more, and offer amenities that will cater to the whole group’s interests.
- Tioga Logs
- This cabin is a duplex log home located in Yosemite West. With 4 spacious bedrooms and 4 full baths, this home accommodates up to 16 people. Guests can enjoy satellite TV, playing a game of pool, grilling on the propane barbeque, or exploring Yosemite’s most popular sights -- just fifteen minutes from the cabin. Tioga Logs has ample parking space, and allows for 5 car parking during summer months (and 4 cars during the winter).
- Scenic Wonders & Little Scenic
- Scenic Wonders & Little Scenic are true Yosemite gems. This enormous property, built with red cedar logs from the sierras, offers 6 bedrooms and 4 full baths, sleeping 16 guests comfortably. This home features a jacuzzi hot tub, satellite tv, laundry facilities, and a propane barbeque. This is, undoubtedly, one of the most sizeable rental homes within Yosemite National Park.
Options for Luxury Stays in Yosemite
Luxury lovers can find cabins to their liking across Yosemite National Park. Indulge in a rental cabin with first-class kitchen appliances, Wi-Fi, laundry facilities, satellite TV, and a magnificent fireplace. The selected cabins below offer top-notch amenities, décor, and spacious lodging.
- Half Dome Loft
- Half Dome Loft is a 3 bedroom, 2 bath home adorned with hand-carved signs and locally-harvested cedar logs. High-soaring vaulted ceilings and massive wooden beams make this cabin an architectural masterpiece. This cabin is 2,500 square feet, and provides plenty of space to stretch out after a day exploring the park. Half Dome Loft offers Wi-Fi, a 65” 4K TV, air conditioning, a gas grill, and laundry facilities.
- Little Ahwahnee Inn
- This cabin is a majestic 3,400 square foot custom chateau crafted of redwood and native granite stone. It features 32 foot cathedral ceilings, an enormous granite fireplace, and two separate balcony suites with private decks. Little Ahwahnee Inn offers Wi-Fi, satellite TV, a gourmet kitchen, propane BBQ, and laundry facilities.
Pet-Friendly Yosemite Cabins
Traveling away from home with a pet can be challenging – but Yosemite is welcoming to all travelers, regardless of their species! It’s the ultimate getaway for man and man’s best friend, or a wonderful opportunity to bring Fido along with the family. These cabins offer pet-friendly lodging that’s quality, comfortable, and affordable.
- Harmony Hilltop Hideaway
- This cabin is a pet-friendly 3 bedroom, 2 bath mountain home. Visitors enjoy beautiful sunsets, as the home is perched upon a hillside. Restaurants, shopping, and grocery stores are conveniently located nearby. The cabin offers air conditioning, fast Wi-Fi, Netflix for movies, Cable TV, an Xbox 360, and an electric fireplace – perfect for a family getaway!
- Trout Creek Lodge
- Trout Creek Lodge is a pet-friendly 3 bedroom, 2 bath home on Lewis Creek. Guests enjoy a private back yard, spacious backyard deck, ping pong table, outdoor games, jacuzzi hot tub, outdoor barbeque, and central air conditioning.