2018 Government Shutdown
Yosemite National Park Visitor Information
During the lapse in federal appropriations, Yosemite National Park will remain accessible to visitors
however services will be reduced as we are unable to fully staff our operations. Below is a list of
services/facilities that are open or closed. Please be reminded that due to environmental, public safety,
or other unknown factors, visitor services may be diminished or additional areas may be closed. We will
not be able to update roads and weather information.
- Emergency Services: Visitors will be able to dial 911 for emergency services however response time may
be increased. The Yosemite Valley Clinic will remain open.
- Roads: Roads which are normally open at this time of year will remain open, including Hwy 41, Hwy 140,
Hwy 120 to the Big Oak Flat Junction and the Big Oak Flat Road. Road may close in the event of a
natural event such as snow storm, rockfall, tree failures etc.
- Visitor Information: Park provided information and orientation will not be available. Entrance stations
will be unstaffed. Visitor Centers and Museum will be closed. The Public Information Office phone line
will not be staffed. All Ranger guided programs are cancelled.
- Concession Run Facilities: Concession services normally provided at this time of year will remain open.
This includes lodging, tours, restaurants, stores, Valley shuttle system and gas stations provided through
our three Concession operators: Yosemite Hospitality, The Ansel Adams Gallery and the El Portal
Market. Additionally, CUA holders will be able to enter the park.
- Restrooms and Trash Removal: Park-provided services will be limited. Restrooms at and/or near
concession facilities will remain open. Facilities not located near concession facilities will closed due to
reductions in staffing.
- Campgrounds: Campgrounds will be unstaffed and reservations will not be honored. Visitors will not be
asked to leave campgrounds unless there is a life and safety risk. Due to their proximity to Concession
operated facilities, the restrooms at Upper Pines Campground and Camp 4 will be open. Restrooms at
the Wawona and Hodgdon Campgrounds will be closed.
- Hiking: Hiking trails normally opened at this time will remain open.
- Public Transit: YARTS will operate under a reduced schedule. Please contact www.yarts.com for the
most current information.