A December Wonderland
A mountain wonderland is awaiting visitors who want to experience Yosemite in December.
The awesome winter sun lights up snowy meadows. Icicles decorate the forest trees. The sunsets are awesomely colorful this time of year. The waterfalls of Yosemite Valley freeze at night and thaw as the sunshine begins to shine upon them. Explore the dark starry September skies. December sightseeing must include a stop at the vista at Tunnel View.December is a great time to avoid the crowds at popular museums such as the Yosemite Visitor Center, the Indian Culture Museum, and The Ansel Adams Gallery.
There are many adventure to be enjoyed without the crowds.
- â¨Join a Ranger-led nature hike in Yosemite Valley or Snowshoeing @ Badger Pass. Free. Meet at A-Frame!
- Ice Skating at the outdoor Ice Rink near Half Dome.
- Hiking, snowshoeing and skiing at the Mariposa Grove~which is closed this time of year to vehicular traffic!
- Snow Tubing, Downhill Skiing and Snowboarding @Badger Pass.
- Cross-country Skiing and Snowshoeing @Badger Pass.
- Hiking in Wawona on the Meadow Loop Trail or the Swinging Bridge Trail.
- Family dinning at the Big Trees Dining Room.
- Hiking upon the Valley floor trails to: Lower Yosemite Fall, Bridalveil Fall, Valley floor loop trail, and Mirror Lake.