Where to Eat in Yosemite - Top Restaurants In and Near the Park
Eating well while on vacation is always important, but especially after a long day of hiking, exploring, and swimming. Whether you’re looking for a fun, festive place to dine with your friends, or a more casual place to take your kids, there’s a great option to satisfy your cravings during your Yosemite stay.
Restaurants Inside Yosemite National Park
- The Ahwahnee Dining Room: this famous landmark hotel offers breakfast, lunch, and dinner. While it is geared primarily for guests of the Ahwahnee Hotel, there is a waitlist for non-hotel guests depending on availability. This is an upscale traditional American restaurant with a dress code and beautiful views. Of interest also, the Ahwahnee Dining Room is, according to its website, “the setting for some of the world’s most famous food and wine events: Bracebridge Dinner, Vintners' Holidays and Chefs' Holidays.”
- Jackalope’s Bar and Grill at Tenaya Lodge: open daily for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, “Jackalope's Bar & Grill is the place to relax, kick-back and enjoy Sierra pub fare and a full bar after your day in Yosemite. Jackalope's features made-to-order grilled burgers, sandwiches, specialty salads and heart-healthy, gluten-free and vegan options. Many dishes are prepared from local and organic sources” – (from their website).
- Mountain Room Restaurant at Yosemite Valley Lodge: settle in for steaks, seafood, and pasta and enjoy your meal as you take in views of the waterfall.
- Curry Village Dining Pizza Deck: Curry Village has a variety of cafes and restaurants, but the pizza deck is a particularly enjoyable place to relax and refuel after a long day adventuring in the park.
Restaurants Just Outside Yosemite National Park
- Wawona Hotel Dining Room: Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Features a variety of options no matter your dietary restrictions or preferences. Per their website: “With authentic Victorian era ambiance, the Wawona Hotel Dining Room features hand painted lamps and a summertime veranda where you can enjoy superb cuisine nightly. Snuggle by the fireplace, relax on the lawn in our comfortable Adirondack chairs, or settle into a great meal in the main dining room.”
- Lucky Buck Café: a family-owned café serving American comfort food in quaint Yosemite-adjacent Groveland, CA.
- Castillo’s Mexican Restaurant: a local favorite, you can’t go wrong with some hearty Mexican food.
- The Elderberry House: treat yourself to a luxurious meal at this picturesque, French-Californian, set-price restaurant.
- Blue Heron: open for dinner Thursday-Saturday, Blue Heron offers tasty salads, seafood, and pasta specialities, as well as live music every Friday evening May through September.
What Are Some Kid-Friendly Restaurants In/Near Yosemite?
- Degnan’s Deli: according to their website, Degnan’s offers “Simple counter serve with a patio in Yosemite Village for breakfast fare, deli sandwiches & pizza.”
- Base Camp Eatery at Yosemite Valley Lodge: a casual option serving breakfast, lunch, dinner, and featuring a Starbucks coffee bar. Indoor and outdoor seating available.
- June Bug Café: cute counter service café serving American fare, including vegan and vegetarian options.
- Parkside Pizza: rave reviews abound about this pizzeria just outside the park!
Where to Eat in Yosemite With a Large Group
- 1850 Restaurant and Brewing Company: a husband and wife owned burger and beer joint–a can’t miss!
- Evergreen Lodge: a popular, relaxed restaurant that accepts reservations for parties of any size.
- The Restaurant at Rush Creek Lodge: per their website, “The Restaurant offers an expansive dining area with a variety of seating, including intimate booths and areas for larger groups, as well as a spacious outdoor terrace, where you can take in the beauty of the surrounding forest and glorious sunsets.” Rush Creek Lodge also has a Tavern with entertainment such as karaoke and a late-night menu.
Pick the Best Lodging For Your Vacation
If you’re looking for Yosemite National Park lodging, call Yosemite’s Scenic Wonders at 1-888-YOSEMITE (1-888-967-3648) or browse our rental options here to begin planning your memorable vacation. Scenic Wonders offers quality home, condo, and cabin rentals inside of Yosemite National Park at reasonable prices!